Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Perils of Pregnancy

I really thought pregnancy would be a piece of cake... I mean, I eat super healthy and get plenty of exercise, obviously i'm gonna get a big belly, so really, how hard could it be?
About 5 weeks into my pregnancy, I was blessed with becoming part of the 1% of pregnancies that are diagnosed with hyperemesis, which is morning sickness at its worst. I have never experienced something so hellish in my life. I seriously thought I was going to die! Anyway, i'll leave out the gory details, but basically I do not ever want to be pregnant again, I lost 15 lbs...couldn't even hold down a sip of water.
So now, finally, I am past all that. But if it's not one thing, it's another. My rheumatoid arthritis, that has basically been dormant the last 5 years, has now flared up. EXTREMELY flared up.
Through all of this crap, I have had moments where I wished that I believed in abortion, or that I would really just die. I have to remember that God has plans for this child, and from the looks of it those plans must be big for me to go through all this.
I know it sucks now, but in the end it will be worth it.

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

Asher said...

you're beautiful. And I looooove you :)

I know you're sad and I could never replace your sister and fam, but I'm here for ya. Just give me a ring.

Asher said...

those kids... they're so cute...